Spring is coming and I for one can’t wait! At the moment our garden is completely unusable and we are planning a huge project to turn it into our dream garden! I can’t wait to be able to get out there and put the washing on the line, enjoy the flowers and sit down and enjoy a book in the sun. It will be really nice for the children to have somewhere to play and for us to have friends over for barbecues.
We want to lay an area to lawn with artificial grass, have flowerbeds along the sides and have paving slabs along the side of the house leading to the side door. I want a comfy seating area and of course a barbecue! A little bench for the children to eat on would be great too. I’d love a little playhouse for the children to keep them entertained and a sandpit and water table for them to play in. I’d decorate the fences and walls of the garden with outdoor fairy lights so that it looks pretty in the evening.
I’ve put together a little inspiration board of all the things that I want in our new garden. Now’s the time to get buying, many places like Fishpools have sales on garden items before the big summer season starts.
2. Yellow is such a spring colour and these cushions would brighten up those spring days. £9 Ikea
3. This picnic table from converts into a sand and water table which saves space! Activity Toys Direct £99 (sale price)
4. These would really make the space pretty at night – Solar String Lights, Tesco Direct, £10
5. Wickes Kitty Wooden Playhouse would keep the children out of the sun when they are playing £233.99 (sale price)
6. How cool is this Heston Blumenthal BBQ from John Lewis?! £699
7. Rattan Day Bed from Fishpools £999 (sale price). Perfect for lounging in the sun!
What are your spring garden essentials?
Like this post? Share it with your friends or Pin it for later…
Disclosure – this is a collaborative post