Honestly the gift I struggle most with at Christmas is the one for my father in law. He is my husband’s step father who married his mother late in life so my husband doesn’t really know him any better than I do. He is so fussy I find it really difficult to buy something that I think he would like. This year I’ve done a bit of research on suitable gift ideas and as I thought it is probably an issue other people have I’ve put together a little gift guide to help you get some ideas.
One of the problems I have is that the more mature man seems to have everything already. Not only do they have everything already but they are very stuck in their ways, they know what they like and they don’t like change. They also hate wasting money so there’s no joke gifts going in here!
So here is a round up of ideas I think would go down well on Christmas morning with Grandad!
- Some smart trousers from Chums I think would work a treat. Go for a style you know they like and as these have elasticated waists you don’t need to worry so much about the fit. Teflon coated trousers, from £25.
- No one could turn their nose up at this gorgeous deep red cashmere jumper. Marks and Spencer £89
- Something personal from the grandchildren is always a lovely touch. Personalised keyring, Not On The High Street, £20.75
- You can’t go wrong with slippers and these gorgeous ones from Ted Baker at John Lewis scream luxury. £55
- Our grandpa has a sweet tooth, like many I know. A chocolate hamper is a unique gift that they will really enjoy on Christmas Day. Classic Flavours Chocolate Hamper, Thorntons, £30
I hope this list has given you some inspiration – now get shopping!
Like this post? Pin it for later…
Disclosure – this is a collaborative post.