Sugar Free Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Baby S is going through a really hard time food wise. He has gone from eating anything and everything to being so fussy! Obviously he prefers cakes and biscuits to what I would call proper food and so on the days he refuses his lunch or dinner I thought I could give him a healthy cake so at least he is getting something to eat.
Here is a recipe for a batch of sugar free muffins I made the other day. They do taste quite plain so if your baby is used to sweeter food you might want to sweeten them a little with some maple syrup.
- 270g self raising flour
- 25g oats (and a little more for sprinkling)
- 1 egg
- 1 mashed banana
- 125ml whole milk
- 25ml maple syrup (optional)
- 3 Tbsp natural yoghurt
- 150g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Mix the oats and flour together. Mix the wet ingredients together. Combine in a bowl until mixed and then stir in the blueberries. Sprinkle some oats on the top. Pop into muffin cases or a greased muffin tray and cook on 180 degrees celsius for 25 minutes or golden brown on top and a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Baby S loved picking his up and chewing on it. I also broke little pieces off for him so he could pick them up and eat them himself. The pieces with blueberries in were very popular with him! Remember to never leave your baby alone when they are eating. They were definitely a hit and I’ll be making other sugar free muffins to try to get some other fruits and vegetables into him at the same time as some healthy carbs and oats.
Like this recipe? Pin it for later…