One of my favourite things about flying is the duty free shopping! On the way back from Cyprus I treated myself to a Bare Minerals Starter Kit. I’ve wanted to try Bare Minerals for years, my skin is never quite perfect so I wear make up everyday but I do like to keep it looking as natural as I can. Bare Minerals looked like it would help me to do that but also provide some great coverage – particularly handy as my skin has been worse since being pregnant.
I have used this kit every day for the last two weeks and it has been fab. My skin not only looks great with this make up on – and I have had several ‘glowing’ comments but it looks really natural and my skin underneath has kept in great condition with much less spots.
If I was brave enough I’d do a You Tube Video Tutorial but I’m not so here is my make up routine step by step…I can only apologise for my pictures – I hate photos of myself!
Here is me before…
1. Apply primer…leave for a couple of minutes to set
2. Buff the foundation over your face
3. Conceal problem areas (under eyes, around nose and chin for me)
4. Define cheekbones with bronzer – apply just below cheeks and a little on the bridge of your nose
5. Brush a little blush onto the apples of your cheeks
6. Buff Mineral Veil all over to even and smooth out
7. Apply eyeshadow primer – I love Benefit Stay Don’t Stray. Day to day I just use this, if I want a more made up look I put eyeshadow on top.
9. Apply mascara. Top tip – do one coat in an old, thicker mascara and top coat in a new, thinner mascara.
10. Finish with a slick of lip gloss. On casual days I use a tinted Vaseline. For more glam go with a gloss – I’m wearing George Stay Put Gloss.
And here is the finished look 🙂