This month I was mega chuffed to have been nominated for a Liebster award by fellow blogger Erika from Eclectic Enchantments.
The idea if this award is to read new blogs and share the blog love! The rules can be found at the bottom of this post! Erika has posed 10 questions for me to answer and I will then nominate 10 bloggers to answer some questions of my own.
So here are the answers to Erika’s questions…
1. What moment from your life so far, has been the best?
Ah and the first question stumps me!! I can’t pinpoint a ‘best’ moment but having my two girls was pretty awesome!
2. Inspiration comes in many forms, what is your biggest inspiration and why?
My inspiration is my family. I want to be a great example to my girls and work hard to provide them with all the things that money can and can’t buy. I want them to have everything and that inspires me completely.
3. What is your favourite smell?
This weekend I smelt some pear drop squash (which smells exactly like pear drops!) so that is my favourite smell of the moment!
4. If one song is guaranteed to cheer you up, what would it be and is there a reason for this choice?
“These Boots are Made for Walkin'” by Nancy Sinatra. Because it is upbeat and empowering and makes me believe I can do anything.
5. What makes you laugh?
Jelly Baby has started to tell jokes. The punchline to all of them is “pumpcake”. I don’t know what this is so it cracks me up every time!
6. Describe your favourite pair of shoes. Why are they your choice?
My brown River Island ankle boots. Because they are so comfy and can be worn over or under jeans or with a dress.
7. What made you decide to start a blog?
I wanted to have a record of my girl’s little lives and have somewhere I could focus and devote some energy to. It is very therapeutic in a way.
8. What post, on your own blog, did you enjoy writing the most and why?
My favourite recently was the handmade heart crayons post. That craft was so much fun and it was a really lovely day – and the crayons look fab!
9. What do you look forward to most this Autumn and what are your reasons for this?
I am looking forward to kicking the leaves and collecting conkers in the park with the girls. It is a yearly ritual and this year Jelly Baby is old enough to join in properly.
10. If you had to pick, (which you do), which word would you say is the most beautiful and why.
Life. Because it sums up everything, the good, the bad and the very essence of us.
So now to nominate 10 other blogs. I actually put a shout out on Twitter for help with this. Ashamedly although I read lots of other blogs, I don’t read very many new blogs or those with fewer followers. This was such a mistake as I have found lots of lovely blogs to share with you.
1. Knead Whine
2. Mummy Tries
4. Doubtful Mum
6. Chick Hatcher
7. Tiaras and Prozac
9. Beads of Jade
10. Life in Dutch
Please do have a look at these wonderful blogs. I’ve posed them some questions to answer too…yes they are random ;-_
1. If you were a super hero what powers would you have?
2. What would you do if you won the lottery?
3. Where would your dream holiday be?
4. What is your most essential appliance?
5. What do you wear to bed?
6. What do you typically have for breakfast?
7. If you could ask your future self one question what would it be?
8. Whats your most expensive piece of clothing?
9. If you could steal one thing without consequence what would it be?
10. Do you live by any motto or philosophy?
So there we have it – I have both given and received some blog love. Go forth and do the same!
1. Each nominee must link back to the person that nominated them.
2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers you like and who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let them know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them