This Christmas I have teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers to share with you our 12 days of parenting. Today I am talking about surviving softplay in the holidays.
So here are my 10 top tips for surviving softplay this christmas…
- Head there early. The earlier you go, the quieter it will be. Try to avoid lunchtime as many parents take their children there for lunch too which makes it even busier.
- Take something for you to do. If you have older kids who don’t need so much supervision take a magazine or your laptop so you can make the most of the time.
- Socialise. Invite a friend to meet you there. This means you will get adult conversation and someone to while away the time with.
- Take water with you. Most soft play centres don’t let you take your own food but there is no harm in taking a drink of water with you for the little ones and saves them asking for the sugar filled drinks so often on sale there.
- Make sure they are wearing socks. So many soft play centres insist on socks now, don’t get caught out and have to buy a pair when you are there.
- Make it clear to the children what you will be spending before you go. I tell mine they can have one treat while they are there, this saves them asking for lots of things as they know they are limited to one thing.
- Layer them up. It’s cold outside but they will be boiling within minutes after running around. Put them in layers that they can take on and off.
- Make sure you are wearing something sensible. We’ve all tried to squeeze ourselves through the small door to the ball pit wearing a dress or jeans that are too tight. Leggings are the way to go!
- Take your camera! Get some gorgeous pictures of your children getting stuck into the action!
- Have fun! Make the most of a couple of hours playing with your little ones and getting out of the house! Enjoy it!
Will you be braving softplay this christmas holidays? Make sure to come back tomorrow to read all about the second day of parenting!