I’ve heard on the news a few times in the last few years a couple of very sad stories of children dying as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. However, it is a much bigger danger than I first thought. Every year in the UK, more than 200 people go to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning, and around 40 people die.
Small children and the elderly are most at risk, and every home should have a carbon monoxide detector, so that they can keep their family safe.
In the last three years, an estimated one in six homes inspected by the Gas Safe Register was found to have an unsafe gas appliance and one in eleven has an unsafe boiler.
Packed with easy to follow advice and warning signs to look out for, this site is an easy reference resource for homeowners unsure about how to protect themselves and their families and what to do when things go wrong at home.
CORGI HomePlan have also offered one of my readers the chance to win a carbon monoxide monitor worth £30 to help keep your home safe.
The giveaway is open to UK entries. Standard terms and conditions apply.