Direct365 is a business that supplies baby changing facilities to leisure outlets throughout the UK has launched a series of humorous videos as part of a campaign to improve changing spaces.
They asked me to take a look at changing facilities near to me and video review them. Having three children, one who still needs changing facilities, I have used lots of public changing rooms and I knew right where to look to find an example of a good changing room and one that was in need of improvement.
Direct365 hopes that by teaming up with parents across the country to do some real-life research into facilities it will encourage places to check, and if necessary revamp, the amenities they have.
My video of the changing facilities I visited is below. I was asked to rate them according to the following questions….
- How easy to find are the baby changing facilities?
- Are they available for both women and men?
- Is there enough space to move around?
- Are there any additional chairs for parents with more than one child and breastfeeding mothers?
- Are there any nappies, nappy bags, surface sanitisers?
- How does it smell? Are there any air scents or air purifiers?
- How safe and secure is the baby table?
- Are there nappy bins?
- Does everything seem to be well maintained (good stock levels and fresh bins)?
What I discovered was that even the facilities that I considered good didn’t have everything they could have. And the worst facilities were really bad! There’s definitely room for improvement across the board.
Hopefully this campaign will raise awareness that baby changing facilities are in need of improvement.
Did you like this post? Share it with your friends or Pin it for later…
Disclosure – this is a sponsored post.