Living a gluten-free lifestyle doesn't mean cutting out your carbs. You can still enjoy all of your favourite foods, including bread, pasta, and pancakes. There are quite a few wonderful things about gluten-free pancakes that you simply do not get when you opt for gluten-containing pancakes.
Gluten-Free Pancakes Are A Healthier Alternative
Gluten-free pancakes are considered a healthier alternative to gluten-containing pancake mixes. They do not contain gluten, and often offer more vitamins and nutrients than a traditional pancake mix that is made with wheat flour.
Keep in mind that it is important to read nutrition labels carefully when purchasing pre-made pancake mix. Some pancake mixes are fortified with vitamins, nutrients and can be low-glycemic. They contain significantly less sugar than their gluten-containing counterparts. However, there are also pre-made pancake mixes that contain more sugar and carbs and offer little nutritional value.
Recipes Available To Support Every Lifestyle
Searching for recipes for gluten-free pancakes reveals a new world of pancake mixes. You'll discover vegan options. Dairy-free pancake recipes are perfect for anyone with lactose intolerance. Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan pancake recipes can easily be found.
Once you start cutting out one ingredient, such as gluten, you start to discover that there are recipes and delicious foods to support every lifestyle. You simply don't discover the wealth of options available when you're still eating an everyday diet.
Not only will this help you expand your diet, but it can also help you become the healthiest person that you can be. Vegan options contain recipes with beans and lentils, and you'll discover that vegan butter doesn't taste that bad. Other options, such as nut butter, are also great ideas!
Enjoying a variety of foods is essential to maintaining a healthy diet, and you'll start to realize that when you start checking out gluten-free pancake recipes like the ones on Gluten Free Palate.
More Flavor Options
Gluten-containing pancake recipes and mixes offer few flavor options. They taste like flour and are often available in regular and blueberry pancake mixes. However, that isn't the case with gluten-free pancakes.
Gluten-free food can be especially bland. Because of that, people go above and beyond to create flavor combinations that will make your mouth water. Some awesome ideas to add more flavor to gluten-free pancakes include:
- Add chocolate chips
- Add equal parts cinnamon and sugar
- Use almond flour for a sweeter taste
- Top them with whipped cream instead of syrup
- Banana pancakes
- Enjoy your favorite flavors, like chocolate or peanut butter
- Sweet potato pancakes
- Potato pancakes
Going gluten-free means that you have to get creative in order to enjoy food. However, it results in you discovering flavors you never knew existed. Due to the additional ingredients used, you'll also be enjoying healthier pancakes.
The Same Convenience
Gluten-free pancakes can be homemade just like gluten-containing pancakes can be. You don't have to make homemade pancakes, though. Instead, you can enjoy the same convenience that people eating gluten enjoy.
Boxes of pre-made pancake mixes are available on the same shelf as gluten-containing pancake mixes. Simply add additional ingredients, such as cinnamon, to make the mix more flavorful.
Frozen pancakes are also available. More and more companies are jumping on board with the gluten-free food craze, resulting in almost everything being available in a gluten-free version. This is a huge blessing for people with Celiac Disease, and it makes switching over to a gluten-free lifestyle easier for everyone that wants to give gluten-free a try.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Going Gluten Free
Going gluten-free is much more than a fad diet. When you opt for gluten-free foods, like gluten-free pancakes, you'll be able to enjoy all of the benefits of eliminating gluten from your diet. Some of the main benefits of going gluten-free include:
- Increase in energy, resulting in more stamina, better athletic performance, and finally saying goodbye to an afternoon slump at work
- Increased ability to focus, which helps increase productivity
- Enhanced cognitive abilities, such as problem-solving abilities, logical thinking, and even being able to handle stress better
- Losing weight is one of the main benefits of going gluten-free and one of the most popular reasons that so many people are deciding to live a gluten-free lifestyle.
- Decreased digestive symptoms, including symptoms from conditions like irritable bowel syndrome. You'll also notice less abdominal cramping, bloating, gas, and other unpleasant digestive symptoms.
- Your pre-existing injuries will feel better. The inflammation tends to settle in areas that are already injured. For example, if you have a back injury, your back will become more inflamed than it normally would, resulting in a significant increase in the amount of pain you experience. Going gluten-free won't heal a pre-existing injury, but it can make the pain more manageable.
- Reduced symptoms from mental illnesses are another wonderful benefit of living a gluten-free life. Gluten has been linked to mental health problems like anxiety, depression, and a host of other mental health problems, such as increased irritability. Going gluten-free won't cure mental illness, but it can help alleviate symptoms.
Living a gluten-free lifestyle can offer a wide range of benefits. Enjoy the vast array of benefits that a gluten-free lifestyle offers as well as delicious flavours when you start making gluten-free pancakes.