Written by Allen Brown
Soup is one of life's unsung heroes. On a cold day, it can warm you, nourish you on a warm day and make you feel better when you are down. Most cultures worldwide have some form of soup due to the ease with which you can make them. When you add in an Instant Pot, a remarkable device, you have everything you need to make a delicious and warming soup. Just add the ingredients, places inside, and you are away! But what are some exciting soup options that you can make using your Instant Pot?
What Exactly Is An Instant Pot?
You can use this popular kitchen appliance to make various dishes ranging from soups and stews to desserts and sauces. With a little bit of cooking know-how, you can forget about the time-consuming process of stovetop cooking. You can find many Instant Pot recipes at Corrie cooks, who specialise in developing fantastic recipes that are accessible for everyone. One of the significant benefits, aside from the ease of use, is that the clean-up operation is far more straightforward than cooking in multiple pots and pans. So now that you know what an Instant Pot is, what delicious soups can you make using one?
Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken noodle soup has always been a great comfort food for many people. After a long, hard day at work, you will love nothing more than a bowl of steaming hot chicken soup.
- 1 x Medium onion (Cut into chunks).
- 4 x Medium carrots (cut into pieces).
- 4 x Celery (roughly chopped).
- 3 x Cloves garlic (crushed).
- 1 x teaspoon dried oregano.
- ½ x teaspoon dried thyme.
- 1 x Bay leaf.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 4 x Cups chicken broth.
- 4 x Cups of water.
- 1 x lbs chicken breasts (chopped into nice chunks).
- 6 x Ounces egg noodles.
- Saute your vegetables in the Instant Post to soften them up.
- Add everything else apart from the noodles and pressure cook for around 7 minutes on high.
- Turn your Pot back onto saute mode, add the noodles until the soup begins to simmer, and leave for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the machine, taste for seasoning, and serve.
Cabbage, Ginger And Beet Soup
Talk about a healthy soup. This is perfect for all seasons and especially if you are feeling sick or have a terrible cold. However, ill or not, this soup will fill you full of vitality and joy from the first mouthful.
- 1 x Large onion (cut into chunks).
- 4 x Beets (cut into 1-inch pieces).
- 1 x Red cabbage (shredded).
- 2 x Carrots (Cut into chunks).
- 2 Parsnips (cut into chunks).
- 1 x Knob of ginger (peeled and cut into rough pieces).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Olive oil.
- 1 Quart vegetable stock
- Turn on your Instant Pot to its simmer setting and add in olive oil.
- Saute all your vegetables until they have softened.
- Once softened enough, pour in your vegetable stock and pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, use a blender to blitz it altogether into a puree.
- Serve and enjoy.
These are only two recipes, but if you do some research and be inventive, there are hundreds of soup variations that you can try. You can add meat, take it away, and season it to your tastes. The best thing you can do is to experiment and come up with new ideas.