There will never be a time where chores will make you feel like jumping for joy, will there? Chores rarely make people happy and yet we have no choice but to indulge because of the need to live in clean and tidy homes. The one thing that you need more than anything is to find the right hacks to make life easier. You should do all that you can to make life easy so that when you get home from work after a long day, you’re ready to get going.
From lawn mowing to cooking, you can make it so that you’re not stressed with household tasks. There are simple household items that can double up as cleaning supplies and there are different ways that you can do things to make chores go faster. Either way, here are some awesome hacks to help!
- Use ice cubes when you are getting rid of wrinkles. Okay so before you run and hide, this is an actual thing! You can choose to plug in the iron or steamer to steam out those wrinkles, but you’ll find that putting a couple of ice cubes into the dryer can work wonders. The ice melts down and turns into steam. This then helps with getting out wrinkles in lighter fabrics. It won’t work well for the heavy stuff, but you can get something out of shirts!
- Vinegar is not just for hot chips. It’s delicious on hot fries, sure, but you’ll find that vinegar can help with a multitude of stains at home! White vinegar - not balsamic - can be excellent for stains and you can stop wasting all of your time scrubbing things. For glasses, just soak them in a little vinegar and water solution and then clean as usual. You don't need too much of it, thankfully.
- Use bread crusts for broken glass. It’s never fun to smash a glass in the house but if you hate the heel of the bread, use that to pick up stray glass pieces in place of a dustpan and brush. You just need to add a little water to dampen it and then press it on the floor. Then you don't have to worry about catching toes on a stray shard of glass.
- Use shaving foam for your mirrors. Instead of investing in expensive glass cleaners, think about adding shaving foam to your mirrors so that you can get rid of the smudges and smears. This will also prevent the mirrors from fogging up when you’re in the shower, so there won’t be any streaks to worry about.
- Use lemons. In the same way vinegar can help with cleaning glasses, lemons are the perfect addition to your cleaning routines - especially where the microwave is concerned. You can also halve a lemon for the refrigerator to make the area where food chills smell nice.
There has to be more to life than chores and when you make life easier, you can spend more time on the things that you enjoy instead of cleaning.
Leave a Reply