Did you get a little buzz for tennis during Wimbledon last month? I always watch it every year and wish that I could play myself. I used to play in school, but I haven’t played for years. I love the crisp white outfits and running around outside. It’s such a fun way to keep fit and I definitely could do with exercising more.
Little Miss J is really into tennis at the moment. Her school have had someone in to give them tennis lessons and she’s absolutely loved it. She was so pleased when Tennis Wales popped some information about the sport over to me and included some racquets and balls and now she is playing all the time! We have a park close to us with tennis courts and I’ve signed her up to some tennis classes that are running over the summer. Tennis Kids are running free 6 week courses all over the country. Why not try one to see if your little one enjoys tennis. You can find one near you here.
So, I thought I would share with you some of the great information I was sent about tennis, including 10 reasons to play tennis. Any one of these would convince me, I think I’m going to get myself down to the court and have a go, maybe on one of the ladies only sessions on Tennis Tuesdays.
- It will add years to your life. It delivers physical, mental and emotional gains which will help you to live a longer life.
- It can make you happier. Because tennis engages the mind and body at the same time tennis players are less stressed, more confident and more social.
- It’s social – by it’s nature the sport encourages interaction and communication, especially if you are playing doubles.
- The whole family can play – any age or fitness level can play so you can all join in together
- It teaches life lessons. You will develop a work ethic, learn sportsmanship, teamwork, discipline and more.
- Tennis is multipurpose – you can get lots of different things from it, a workout, a competition or see it as a social activity
- It’s fun!
- It develops your mind, the tactical thinking and problem solving involved in a game of tennis will help keep your brain alert.
- You will get fit. It’s a great sport for keeping fit, burning calories, increasing bone strength and improving flexibility.
- You can play for your whole life, from very young like Little Miss J through to your latest years.
Did you like this post? Share it with your friends or Pin it for later…