I feel like we are almost halfway through January already and I haven’t had a moment to check in and write my 2018 New Years Resolutions yet! I had the first week of January off with the children which was lovely but I feel like I’ve lost that motivational start to the year and now work feels slow and painful!
Having just checked back I can’t find that I wrote any resolutions for last year, which is odd for me! Maybe I was too busy! Anyway, this year I’m full of hopes and aspirations so I wanted to have them written down like I usually do. I love looking back at the end of the year and seeing how much I achieved and how my goals may have changed over time.
You won’t find anything negative in my goals for 2018. It’s more about what I want and hope to do and not about making huge changes to who I am. I am who I am, I’m plenty old enough to realise that now! You won’t see any weight loss resolutions, I’m not interested in that – I am more interested in the broader goal of being more healthy and fit. I’ve divided my resolutions this year into four categories, work, personal, family and house. I’m not going to be devastated if I don’t achieve something on this list, I just always think it’s nice to have something that you are working towards – I find it quite motivating.
- I’d love to increase my blog views. They can vary depending upon how much and what I post about but I’d love to reach a consistent 20k views a month.
- I’m really loving YouTube at the moment and after Vlogmas my subscribers are growing nicely. It’s a hard nut to crack but I’d like to think that if I carry on doing well on there I could get to 5k subscribers by the end of the year.
- Instagram is another hard nut to crack and I was so pleased to have reached 10k followers on there just before Christmas. Bearing in mind that it has taken me a couple of years to reach that figure my goal of 20k by the end of this year seems a little crazy but if you don’t try you won’t get!
- I have been really thinking long and hard about having another baby for a long time now. If Little Boy hadn’t been such a trouble maker I think I would have definitely had another one, but I would find it too much of a struggle with him needing such a large amount of attention. But he is in full time school in September so then it would be now or never I think. I’d love to think that baby number four will be on it’s way this year.
- I really want to travel a lot more this year, especially considering the above goal! The girls haven’t been on a plane since before Little Boy was born and he’s never been on one so it would be really nice to take them abroad on a plane. I’d love to travel abroad twice with the children this year, so they get a really nice year of travel.
- On a less grand scale I really want to put in place a better after school routine. We typically leave homework until the last moment and I feel some of our evenings are a bit wasted. The girls have their statutory tests this year so I’d like to help them along with those a bit by doing a bit of extra curricular study and I’d like them to practice playing their instruments more.
- I have a travel anxiety that I want to beat. I haven’t written or talked much about this yet, but I am planning on sharing it with you in more detail at some point. Specifically it is a driving anxiety which has severely impacted my life over the last couple of years. I’ve started on medication and had my first therapy session last week. I’d love to look back next year and say that I have beaten this problem, or at the very least that I have learned to better manage it.
- I also need to sort out a couple of health issues that are looming over me. When I went to talk to the doctor about the anxiety issues they ran some blood tests which threw up some interesting results relating to my thyroid. It also showed a vitamin D deficiency. I have started on high dose vitamins and am having more detailed blood tests in February to look into the thyroid issue further.
- I want to get back into regular exercise again. I have a cross trainer at home and want to use that more as well as start running and doing yoga again. I’d like to tone up and get stronger and fitter more than anything.
- I want to make more time to relax and enjoy some downtime. I quite often work in the evenings but I want to switch off this year most nights and read more. I’d like to read at least 2 books a month.
- I’d also like to overhaul my diet and try my best to stick to a vegan diet. I have dabbled in veganism throughout 2017 and now I’m taking part in Veganuary I’d love to continue it better throughout 2018.
- As you will know we have just completed a major renovation project on our house but there are still a few things that need to be done. This year I’d really like to get the Victorian tiles in the hallway restored to their former glory. In fact this is a job we are planning to schedule in over the next couple of months.
- Before the summer I’d also like to tidy up the front garden by rendering the walls and repaving. I’m considering getting a gardener in to help me with the flowers too as gardening is just not my forte! There are other things that we want to do but considering we want to travel a lot more this year, these other things might have to wait until next year.
I’ve popped a little video on my channel, which is the same as this really, just me chatting through it all if you wanted to watch it. There’s over 1,400 of you over there now which is lovely and the more the merrier so hop on over and subscribe!
So, that’s quite a comprehensive and personal look at my goals for 2018. Do you write New Year’s resolutions? I’d love to hear what they are.