A while ago we had a leak coming from the bathroom – well we’ve had a few leaks (apparently they come with a Victorian house). Consequently we’ve pulled the bath panel off enough times to need a new one. As with everything in our house, it was impossible to source one that fitted correctly and we were budget conscious too so I decided to make one – DIY bath panel here we come!
We simply measured the size that the panel would need to be and headed off to B&Q to have a piece of MDF cut to the exact same size. I then chose a wallpaper that I thought would go well with the bathroom decor and applied a strip to the MDF panel with wallpaper paste and trimmed to size. When this was dry I varnished over the top about 4 times to give a good waterproof seal.
We then fixed the decorated panel in place and sealed the edges with a strip of floor edging stuck down with No More Nails.
I am really pleased with the finished effect. We actually did this a few months ago so it has stood the test of use with wet, splashy bath times! People always comment on it when they see the bathroom too as it is so unusual.
As we only had to buy the MDF and trim this was a really budget option and came in at about £15.